Each 1 ml contains:
Dexamethasone (As Dexamethasone Sodium Phosphate) 4 mg
Dexaroide Inj may be used as a short-acting parenteral corticosteroid preparation. The preparation may be injected by all routes in all domestic species (including Cattle, Horse, Calves and Foals, Sheep and Goats, Dogs and Cats), intravenous administration being particularly useful in cases where a rapid effect is required (e.g. shock).
• PRIMARY KETOSIS (Acetonaemia)
• ORTHOPAEDIC CONDITIONS: Arthritis, Bursitis, Teno-synovitis, etc.
• SHOCK, STRESS
• ALLERGIC CONDITIONS
• SKIN CONDITIONS: Allergic dermatitis eczema, etc.
It's administered by all parenteral routes (intravenous, intramuscular or subcutaneous injection) in all species at a rate of 1.5 ml / 100 kg bodyweight.
Horses and Cattle: 2.5 – 7.5 ml per animal.
Foal, Calves, Sheep and Goats: 0.5 – 1.25 ml per animal.
Dogs: 0.125 – 0.5 ml per animal.
Cats: 0.125 ml (max.) per animal.
Dose may be repeated at 24 – 48 hour intervals if required.
- By intra- or peri-articular injection* (as a single dose):
Large animals (Horses, Cattle, Sheep and Goats): 0.5 – 2.5 ml per animal.
Small animals: 0.125 – 1.25 ml per animal.
* These quantities are not specific and are quoted as a guide. Injection into joint spaces or bursae should be preceded by the removal of an equivalent volume of synovial fluid. Strict asepsis is essential.
- It's contraindicated to apply to animals with Diabetes mellitus, Osteoporosis, Cardiac and Renal diseases.
- Corticosteroids are not recommended for use in pregnant animals. Administration in early pregnancy is known to have caused foetal abnormalities in laboratory animals. Administration in late pregnancy may cause early parturition or abortionCorticosteroids are not recommended for use in pregnant animals. Administration in early pregnancy is known to have caused foetal abnormalities in laboratory animals. Administration in late pregnancy may cause early parturition or abortion.
Cattle: 14 days
Sheep and Goats: 28 days.
Cattle: 3 days.
Sheep and Goats: 7 days.
* This milk should not be fed to bobby Calves.
Store in a dark and dry place at a temperature below 30oC.