Each 1 ml contains:
Flunixin (as Flunixin meglumine) 50 mg
Alleviation of inflammation and pain associated with muscloskeletal disorders, and alleviation of visceral pain associate with colic.
Control of pyrexia associated with bovine respiratory disease, endotoxemia and bovine mastitis, as well as control of inflammation in endotoxemia.
The recommended dose for musculoskeletal disorders is 1.1 mg per kg bodyweight (1 ml/ 45 kg bodyweight), once daily.
Treatment may be given intravenous or intramuscular injection and repeated for up to 5 days.
The recommended dose for alleviation of pain associated with equine colic is 1.1 mg per kg bodyweight (1 ml/ 45 kg bodyweight).
Intravenous administration is recommended for prompt relief. Treatment may be repeated when signs of colic recur.
The recommended dose for the control of pyrexia associated with bovine respiratory disease and endotoxemia is 1.1 mg/ kg to 2.2 mg/ kg bodyweight (1 to 2 ml per 45 kg bodyweight) given by slow intravenous administration either once a day as a single dose or divided into two doses at 12 hour intervals for up to 3 days. The total daily dose should not exceed 2.2 mg/ kg bodyweight.
Avoid rapid intravenous administration of the drug.
The recommended dose rate for acute bovine mastitis is 2.2 mg/ kg bodyweight (2 ml/ 45 kg bodyweight) given once by intravenous administration.
- Intra-arterial injection should be avoided. Horses inadvertently injected intra-arterially can show adverse reactions. Signs can be ataxia, incoordination, hyperventilation, hysteria and muscle weakness. Signs are transient and disappear without antidotal medication within a few minutes.
- Do not use in animals showing hypersensitivity to flunixin meglumine.
- Use judiciously when renal impairment or gastric ulceration are suspected.
- Do not administer other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs concurrently or within 24 hours.
- Do not use in animals less than 6 weeks of age or in aged animals.
- Cattle must not be slaughtered for human consumption within 4 days of the last treatment.
- Milk that has been taken during treatment and for 36 hours after the last treatment must not be used for food.
- Not for use in dry dairy cows.
- Do not use in calves to be processed for veal.
- Not for use in horses intended for food.
Store in dry dark place at temperature below 30oC, don't refrigerate.