Each 1 ml contains:
Meloxicam 5 mg
- Alleviation of inflammation and pain in both acute and chronic musculo-skeletal disorders.
- Reduction of post-operative pain and inflammation following orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery.
- Reduction of post-operative pain after ovariohysterectomy and minor soft tissue surgery.
- For pain management and analgesia.
- For adjunctive therapy in the treatment of acute mastitis, in combination with antibiotic therapy and symptoms.
Single subcutaneous injection at a dosage of 0.2 mg meloxicam/kg bodyweight (0.4 ml/10 kg bodyweight).
Reduction of post-operative pain (over a period of 24 hours):
Single intravenous or subcutaneous injection at a dosage of 0.2 mg meloxicam/ kg bodyweight (0.4 ml/10 kg bodyweight) before surgery, for example at the time of induction of anaesthesia.
Reduction of post-operative pain:
Single subcutaneous injection at a dosage of 0.3 mg meloxicam/kg bodyweight (0.3 ml/ 5 kg bodyweight) before surgery, for example at the time of induction of anaesthesia.
Sheep and goats:
A single dose of 0.5 mg meloxicam/ kg bodyweight (1ml/ 10 kg bodyweight) by the intravenous or subcutaneous route for a maximum of 3 days.
- Other NSAIDs, diuretics, anticoagulants, aminoglycoside antibiotics and substances with high protein binding may compete for binding and thus lead to toxic effects. Meloxivet 0.5% Inj. must not be administered in conjunction with other NSAIDs or glucocorticosteroids.
- Concurrent administration of potential nephrotoxic drugs should be avoided.
- In animals at anaesthetic risk (e.g. aged animals) intravenous or subcutaneous fluid therapy during anaesthesia should be taken into consideration. When anaesthesia and NSAID are concomitantly administered, a risk for renal function cannot be excluded.
- Do not use in pregnant or lactating animals.
- Do not use in animals suffering from gastrointestinal disorders such as irritation and haemorrhage, impaired hepatic, cardiac or renal function and haemorrhagic disorders.
- Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance.
- Do not use in animals less than 6 weeks of age nor in cats of less than 2 kg.
Meat and offal: 15 days.
Milk: 5 days.
- Store in a dark and dry place at a temperature below 30oC.
- Shelf life after the first opening of the immediate packaging: 28 days.