Each 1 ml contains:
Ivermectin 10 mg
Clorsulon 100 mg
Tectin Super Inj is indicated for the treatment and control of the following parasites in beef cattle and non-lactating dairy cattle and sheep.
Gastrointestinal roundworms: (adult and fourth-stage larvae):
Ostertagia ostertagi (including inhibited larval stages) , O. lyrata , Haemonchus placei , Trichostrongylus axei , T. colubriformis , Cooperia oncophora , C. punctate , C. pectinata , Bunostomum phlebotomum , Oesophagostomum radiatum , Strongyloides papillosus (adult) , Nematodirus helvetianus (adult) , N. spathiger (adult) , Trichuris spp. (adult).
Lungworms: (adult and fourth-stage larvae):Dictyocaulus viviparous
Liver flukes(adult): Fasciola hepatica
Eye worms(adult): Thelazia spp.
Warbles(parasitic stages):Hypoderma bovis , H. lineatum.
Mange mites: Psoroptes bovis , Sarcoptes scabiei var. bovis.
Sucking lice:Linognathus vituli , Haematopinus eurysternus, Solenopotes capillatus.
Tectin Super Inj.for Cattle may also be used as an aid in the control of biting lice (Damalinia bovis) and the mange mite Chorioptes bovis, but complete elimination may not occur.
Gastrointestinal roundworms (Adult and immature): Wireworm, Brown Stomachworm, Bankruptworm, Hookworm, Nodular worm, Large-mouthed bowelworm, long-necked bankruptworm (immature).
Scab and Itch mites
Nasal bot (highly effective against all stages: 1st, 2nd, 3ed instar larvae).
Liver flukes (adult): Fasciola hepatica, Fasciola gigantica.
Tectin Super Inj should be administered only by subcutaneous injection under the loose skin in front of, or behind, the shoulder.
Cattle and Sheep: 1 ml per 50 kg bodyweight (based on a dosage level of 200 mcg ivermectin plus 2 mg clorsulon per kg bodyweight).
- To ensure administration of a correct dose, bodyweight should be determined as accurately as possible.
- When the temperature of the product is below 5°C, difficulty in administration may be encountered due to increased viscosity. Warming the product and injection equipment to about 15°C will greatly increase the ease with which the product can be injected
- Tectin Super Inj. for Cattle given at the recommended dosage of 0.2 mg per kg bodyweight controls re-infection with Haemonchus placei, Cooperia spp. and Trichostrongylus axei acquired up to 14 days after treatment; Ostertagia ostertagi and Oesophagostomum radiatum acquired up to 21 days after treatment and Dictyocaulus viviparus acquired up to 28 days after treatment.
- In wool sheep, ensure that the needle has penetrated the wool and skin before delivering the dose. Sheep should be vaccinated against pulpy kidney (enterotoxaemia) before treatment.
- In sheep one treatment of Tectin Super Inj.at a dose of 1 ml/50 kg bodyweight is sufficient to eliminate the infestation. Where adequate management and supervision are not possible during treatment, a second dose is necessary after 7 days.
- Cattle shouldn't be slaughtered for human consumption during treatment and within 66 days from the last treatment.
- Sheep shouldn't be slaughtered for human consumption during treatment and within 28 days from the last treatment.
- Do not use in cattle and sheep producing milk for human consumption.
- Do not use in non-lactating dairy cows including pregnant heifers within 60 days of calving.
Store in a dark and dry place at a temperature below 30oC.