Each 1 ml contains :
Oxytetracycline HCl 100 mg
It is indicated for The treatment of infections caused by organisms sensitive to Oxytetracycline in Horses, Cattle and Sheep.
It is active against a range of both Gram-positive and Gram-negative microorganisms including: Streptococcus spp., Staphylococcus spp., Listeria monocytogenes, Mannheimia haemolytica, Haemophilus parahaemolyticus and Bordetella bronchiseptica and against Chlamydophila abortus (formerly Chlamydia psittaci), the causative organism of enzootic abortion in sheep.
Administered by intramuscular or slowly intravenous injection.
– Horses: 5 mg active ingredient / kg bodyweight ( 5 ml /100 kg bodyweight).
– Foals : 10 mg active ingredient / kg bodyweight ( 10 ml /100 kg bodyweight).
– Cattle: 3 mg active ingredient / kg bodyweight (3 ml/100 kg bodyweight ).
– Sheep, Lambs and Calves : 8 mg active ingredient / kg bodyweight (8 ml/100 kg bodyweight).
One application is sufficient, but maybe repeated at 24 h intervals up to four times.
Prophylactic treatment of enzootic abortion in sheep ( 20 mg active ingredient /kg ) administered about day 95–100 of gestation. A further treatment may be given 2–3 weeks later.
Maximum recommended dose at any one site: Cattle 20 ml, Sheep and Pigs 10 ml.
Repeat doses should be administered at different sites, and the sites massaged well after injection.
– Not recommended to use in Cats and Dogs.
– A transient swelling may be observed following intramuscular administration in Horses.
– Using tetracycline during bone and tooth development, in late pregnancy lead to discoloration .
–Meat from treated Cattle shouldn’t be used during treatment and within 21 days from the last treatment.
–Milk from treated Cattle shouldn’t be used during treatment and within 6 days from the last treatment.
–Meat from treated Sheep shouldn’t be used during treatment and within 14 days from the last treatment.
-Milk from treated Sheep shouldn’t be used for human consumption.
Store in dark dry places below 25 ˚C, do not refrigirate.
There are no reviews yet.