Each 1 ml contains:
Furosemide 50 mg
– A potent saluretic type of diuretic for parenteral administration to Cattle, Horses, Cats and Dogs.
– Furosix is indicated in the treatment of oedemata associated with cardiac insufficiency, renal dysfunction, trauma and parasitic disease. It is also recommended for the treatment of mammary oedema and limb oedemata.
– Furosix gives rapid onset of diuretic action with increased sodium and water excretion. It is even effective where glomerular filtration is impaired.
Horses: 1 – 2 ml per 100 kg bodyweight (0.5 – 1.0 mg Furosemide/ kg bodyweight) intravenously 1 – 2 times per day at interval of 6 – 8 hours.
Cattle: 1 – 2 ml per 100 kg bodyweight (0.5 – 1.0 mg Furosemide/ kg bodyweight) intravenously 1 – 2 times per day at intervals of 12 – 14 hours.
Dogs and Cats: 0.25 – 0.50 ml per 5 kg bodyweight (2.5 – 5.0 mg Furosemide/ kg bodyweight) intramuscularly or intravenously, first dose 5 mg/ kg bodyweight reduced to 1 – 2 mg/ kg bodyweight for maintenance at 6 – 8 hours intervals.
* In severe or refractory cases, the dose may be doubled on a single occasion in the horse or cow.
*Furosix may be administered observing aseptic precautions
– By intravenous injection only in cattle and horses.
– By intramuscular or intravenous injection only in cats and dogs.
– Do not use in cases of acute glomerular nephritis renal failure with anuria, electrolyte deficiency disease or overdosage with digitalis.
– Do not use concurrently with aminoglycoside antibiotic treatment.
– The therapeutic effect may be impaired by increased intake of drinking water. So far as the patient’s condition allows, the amount of drinking water should be restricted.
– Cattle meat shouldn’t be used during treatment and within one day from the last dose.
– Poultry meat shouldn’t be used during treatment and within 8 hours from the last dose.
– Milk from treated cattle shouldn’t be used for human consumption.
– Store in a dark and dry place at a temperature below 30oC.
– Shelf life after first opening of the container: 28 days.
There are no reviews yet.