Each 1 ml contains:
Meloxicam 5 mg
– Alleviation of inflammation and pain in both acute and chronic musculo-skeletal disorders.
– Reduction of post-operative pain and inflammation following orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery.
– Reduction of post-operative pain after ovariohysterectomy and minor soft tissue surgery.
– For pain management and analgesia.
– For adjunctive therapy in the treatment of acute mastitis, in combination with antibiotic therapy and symptoms.
Single subcutaneous injection at a dose of 0.2 mg meloxicam/kg bodyweight (0.4 ml/10 kg bodyweight).
Reduction of post-operative pain (over a period of 24 hours):
Single intravenous or subcutaneous injection at a dose of 0.2 mg meloxicam/ kg bodyweight (0.4 ml/10 kg bodyweight) before surgery, for example at the time of induction of anaesthesia.
Reduction of post-operative pain:
Single subcutaneous injection at a dose of 0.3 mg meloxicam/kg bodyweight (0.3 ml/ 5 kg bodyweight) before surgery, for example at the time of induction of anaesthesia.
Sheep and goats:
A single dose of 0.5 mg meloxicam/ kg bodyweight (1ml/ 10 kg bodyweight) by the intravenous or subcutaneous route for a maximum of 3 days.
– Meloxivet 0.5% Inj. must not be administered in conjunction with other NSAIDs or glucocorticosteroids.Other NSAIDs, diuretics, anticoagulants, aminoglycoside antibiotics and substances with high protein binding may compete for binding and thus lead to toxic effects.
– Concurrent administration of potential nephrotoxic drugs should be avoided.
– In animals at anaesthetic risk (e.g. aged animals) intravenous or subcutaneous fluid therapy during anaesthesia should be taken into consideration. When anaesthesia and NSAID are concomitantly administered, a risk for renal function cannot be excluded.
– Do not use in pregnant or lactating animals.
– Do not use in animals suffering from gastrointestinal disorders such as irritation and haemorrhage, impaired hepatic, cardiac or renal function and haemorrhagic disorders.
– Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance.
– Do not use in animals less than 6 weeks of age nor in cats of less than 2 kg.
Meat and offal: 15 days.
Milk: 5 days.
– Store in a dark and dry place at a temperature below 30oC.
– Shelf life after the first opening of the immediate packaging: 28 days.